The Market is now open Saturdays from 10am to 1pm
Job Position Title:
Antigonish Agricultural Centre Operations Manager
We are hiring an Operations Manager for the new Antigonish Agricultural Centre, home of the Antigonish Farmers’ Market. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall operations of the new Agricultural Centre, and managing the operations of the Antigonish Farmers’ Market. The Market will have space for over 80 venders, will be open year-round, will operate both Saturdays and Wednesday afternoons, and will have an Online Market. The Operations Manager will represent the Market to the vendors, the customers, and the community.
Other responsibilities will include the operations management of the Agricultural Centre’s large event space and the Agri-Food Venture Centre. The Agri-Food Venture Centre will act as a small business incubator to facilitate the development of new value-added products. It will contain a large commercial kitchen and an adjacent multi-use room which can be used for food tasting, product launches, workshops, and other community events.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about both local food and the community to work in an exciting, engaging environment. The successful candidate will work with a growing network of local food producers, entrepreneurs, consumers, and community partners, including the Town of Antigonish, the Municipality and County of Antigonish, Antigonish/Guysborough Federation of Agriculture and St. Francis Xavier University.
- Antigonish Farmers’ Market general co-ordination, which includes vendor space management and customer engagement;
- Ensure vendor compliance with Market rules and regulations as per the Antigonish Farmers’ Market By-Laws, and Food Safety Guidelines for Public Markets;
- Resolve any disputes that may arise and work to anticipate areas of potential concern each Market;
- Ensure the safety of Market vendors, our customers and the public and ensure that the Centre is clean and presentable at all times;
- AFM Online Market general co-ordination, which includes interfacing with our online system host provider, managing on-site logistics, and ensuring any issues with the online ordering system gets resolved promptly;
- Market promotions & relations, which include responding to emails/phone calls, write press releases, organize media events, and develop/maintain a strong online presence for the Market using existing online platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, website content, and email bulletins. Be the face of the Market;
- Enter weekly financial data into QuickBooks Online & Square and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual accounting reports as required;Responsible for maintaining a rental schedule for the Agricultural Centre, including the AgriFood Venture Centre’s commercial kitchen.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, creative, professional, and works well independently;
- Excellent communication skills and proven conflict resolution abilities;
- Proficiency with social media management, including Facebook and Instagram;
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint;
- Experience working with financial management packages (QuickBooks or Sage);
- Previous management and financial experience is considered an asset but is not required; • Completion of the Nova Scotia Food Safety Course and a First Aid Course is desired; • Candidate is required to be bondable.
- $18.00 per hour;
- 40 hour work week.
Term of Employment:
- Starting date of March 15, 2020
How to Apply:
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to email@example.com by Tuesday, February 11th, 2020.
Click here to download a copy of the position!