Position: Manager for the Antigonish Farmer’s Market
Period of Employment: This is a contract Position from April 1st to December 31st
The Manager will be expected for two hours on Fridays to set up the barn and be on site at 7am on Saturdays during Market Season.
They should also be available to respond to email and phone inquiries Monday through Friday.
Duties will include booking vendor spaces; collecting, recording and depositing fees; enforcing Market rules; preparing reports to the Board; ensuring the Market building is clean, such as washrooms and mopping the aisles; and overall upkeep of the surrounding area.
The successful candidate will have excellent people and organizational skills, be a good communicator, be willing to take direction.
- Must be able to work and problem-solve independently
- Capable of basic record keeping
- Basic computer skills and comfort using a smart phone required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software (especially Excel and Word)
- Familiarity with social media (especially Facebook) considered an asset
- Previous managerial experience preferred but not necessary
Contract Salary: $16,400
Hours: Part-time, 20-25hrs a week
Interested parties should send their resumes/ inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org