This page contains information for current and prospective vendors at the Antigonish Farmers Market. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please feel free to stop by and visit us every Saturday from May to December, or direct your questions to the Market Manager.
Note: To be eligible for membership you must have attended a minimum of 16 markets in the previous season, all other vendors are considered casual.
|Location||For Members||Casual Vendors|
Electrical Fees are in addition to Table Fees each week and are listed below:
- Lamps ($2.00)
- Cooking Appliance ($3.00)
- Water Heater ($5.00)
- Fridge/Freezer ($5.00, plus $5.00 through the week)
- Cluster ($10.00)
Vendor Application Form 2017
This is the application form for the Antigonish Farmers Market and is used if you are applying for membership or a single table once a season.
- Antigonish Farmers Market 2017 Online Application
Reference Material & Other Documents
- 2017 Revised Product Application (pdf)
- 2017 Antigonish Farmers Market Rules & Regulations (pdf)
- 2017 Antigonish Farmers Market Association Bylaws (pdf)
- Selling Tips at the Market (pdf)
Mandatory Information For Food Vendors
Prepared Food Vendors are required to apply for a permit to sell prepared foods at a public market. You can find the application here: www.gov.ns.ca/agri/foodsafety/
- Food Safety Handling courses and locations at: link
- Fact Sheets for Food Safety at Public Markets: link
Note: as per section 6.5 of the 2017 AFM Rules & Regulations:
All food vendors whether you are selling schedule A or B foods must comply with the labeling requirements of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency document, Guide to Food Labelling and Advertising. If you have any questions please contact our local Food Safety Specialist, Tracey MacDonald, at 902-222-6280 or email@example.com
Guidelines and Applications for Public Markets
- Guidelines and Applications for Public Markets – forms: link
- Guidelines and Applications for Public Markets – guide: link (pdf)
Changes to the NS Public Market Guidelines (Fall 2015)
In September of 2015, a few changes were made to the Nova Scotia Public Market Guidelines. Vendors need to be aware of these changes.
- References in the guidelines to the NS Dept. of Agriculture have been removed and replaced with Environmental Health and Food Safety Division, NS Environment. As of July 2015, Food Safety is housed within the NS Dept of Environment – not the NS Dept of Agriculture.
- Three or more vendors constitutes a Public Market and these vendors can be food and/or craft vendors. Thus, a gathering of 3 or more vendors requires a Public Market Permit and those vendors selling food require either a Schedule A or Schedule B Permit. (See #4 and #5.)
- There have been changes regarding meat labeling and associated documents – specifically, see pg. 6, #8 and pg. 9, #10 of the updated Public Market Guidelines.
- Whole, uncut fruits and vegetables are now exempt from Schedule B Permits. This means that vendors selling ONLY whole, uncut fruits and vegetables do NOT need to complete a Schedule B Permit.
- There is a new public market application form. The new form includes both Schedule A & Schedule B vendors meaning that ALL food vendors attending the market MUST completed the application, either as a Schedule A or Schedule B vendor – except for vendors selling ONLY whole, uncut fruits and vegetables.
If you have any questions, contact Tracey MacDonald, Food Safety Specialist with the NS Dept of Environment at 902-424-2234.